Monday, October 12, 2009

First attempt at 5+ miles

Raining again this morning....so off to the treadmill I went. All the reading I have been doing on training for a race tells me to run outside. It will be nice to get back out there. This morning I ran 5 miles at a pace of 10:49 (54:09). I was cheering myself for making it 5 miles under 55 minutes. It wasn't that long ago I was at a 15 minute mile and the first 5k I ran was 36:20. The time is coming down and the distance is going up the longer I train. I found a new website called thedailymile.com where we support and motivate each other to keep going and set goals. I was asked by Scott(husband) why I would want to run a 1/2 marathon or full marathon. My first response is because I need a goal to work up to and secondly it sounds like fun. Yes, I must have a whacked out idea of fun. Since I stopped teaching at the local gym I find a goal helps me get out of the house and do something for me everyday.

Get out and do something for yourself today! Take care of your body and it will take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment