Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lizzie dressed up as a witch. She is one of my best friends. She turned 12 this month and she has cancer. One of the pads on her right paw has been removed and inspected. The cancer is 'very aggressive'...told to us by the vet. I can see that the spot that was removed is already back and larger than before. the dilemma is to remove the pad. In which case Lizzie might not wake from the anesthesia and she will probably never bee the same without the pad. Or leave it and it gets larger. The vet wants to do an x-ray and blood tests to see if it is inside her yet. She's not getting any younger and chemo is out because I won't put her tired body through it. I don't want to do anything at this point but let Lizzie live out her life happy and without pain. Will the removal of her pad cause pain? Absolutely. is it the best thing for her? I don't know.

Lizzie is my baby. She was my baby when I went through not being able to have biological children. She was a comfort to me when I was home alone at nights when Scott had to work. She has traveled all over with us and I do believe she thinks she is a cat (always licking her paws). I hope we can make the right decision for her life. She has made a great impact on my life and my family's life. I love her and am saddened to think of ever being without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment