Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I stand in awe of my body." Henry David Thoreau

"Every man is the builder of a temple called his body." ~Thoreau~
If we all thought about our bodies in this manner we would be healthier and happier.
I am happy each day to be able to get up out of bed and do the daily activities I take for granted all to often.
When wanting my body to perform certain tasks sometimes my body whispers 'slow down' or screams 'STOP' . Listening to your body and knowing what you are feeling is key. Getting in touch with your feelings....well not as easy as eating that quarter pounder with cheese your head is telling you will make it all better.
Stop and sit in the quiet...thinking only of your breathing. Some call this meditation...I call it sanity in an insane world. Try it for a few nights 5-10 minutes a night for a week and see how you feel. Your body is talking to you....but what is it saying?


No comments:

Post a Comment