Sunday, October 4, 2009

Patiently Waiting


The experience I have had with yoga and whole foods being a part of my life have changed me. These experiences are the gift I am waiting for my spouse to receive. He has started paying more attention to what he is eating and continues to try new poses with our nightly yoga. I am impressed that he has kept this up for a few weeks. He tells me about the benefits he is feeling and experiencing....DUH! Telling someone about the benefits is just half of the journey. We are on this life journey together. The pauses and stops along the way are priceless. The hope I have for him is that he will live a LONG healthy life and be around a long time. Genetically in his family men do not live past 60. I want him to be the exception and if I keep nudging him down the holistic path with me and we will stay active together.

Newbie to running-me, I have also tried to start swimming. I am a horrible swimmer....but I am giving it a shot. Running on a treadmill is wonderful but as soon as I get outside and the air is the least bit cool...headaches and my ears ring like crazy. I'll have to find some ear coverings or something. The swimming....well I'll just say it's something I'm trying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment